Administrative Assistant, Office of the Registrar
This is a re-posting of a new position.
Reporting to the Associate Registrar and Manager, Registration Services, you will provide general administrative support to the Office of the Registrar as well as to the Director of Admissions and Registrar. You will be responsible for first level support relating to inquiries from current and past students, staff and faculty. Your duties will include completing transcript requests, issuing official standard correspondence, maintaining general office procedures, managing the Director’s daily calendar and attending committee meetings with the Director as required for official minutes documentation. Additionally, you will assist as required in the preparation for Convocation and other duties in support of the Registration Advisors.
This position requires interaction with students, program support staff and faculty and therefore requires a keen attention to tact and diplomacy.
To be well suited for this role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in administration plus 3 - 5 years’ experience, or a combination of education and experience
- Strong customer service orientation when dealing with all internal or external clients (i.e., potential and current students, alumni, faculty, colleagues, etc.)
- Keen attention to tact and diplomacy
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to keep focused, multi-task and prioritize to ensure that the important tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Advanced computer skills using databases and Microsoft Office Suite
- Attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness are critical competencies as the Registrar's Office is a fast-paced, high volume, and highly demanding environment
- Experience in taking notes and recording minutes of meetings is strongly preferred
- Related experience within a post-secondary environment is an asset
This is a regular full-time position working 37.5 hours per week. The position has been evaluated at Grade 2 and the recruitment range starts at $36,640 per annum. The University is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Please forward your cover letter and resume (preferably in electronic format) to:
Competition # 12-072-A0157
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on October 31, 2012 and will close on November 14, 2012; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply however; Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe format.