Advisor, Human Resources
This is a replacement of an existing position.
Reporting to the Manager, Employee Relations, the Advisor, Human Resources will be responsible for providing human resources advice and services to an outlined portfolio of Royal Roads University employees, which includes two bargaining units.
The Advisor’s responsibilities will focus on labour relations management, but will also include a lead role in occupational health and safety matters including providing advice, and support to the university community in meeting its health and safety goals and regulatory requirements. The Advisor role also includes employee relations, disability management, recruitment and retention, performance management, along with project work, research, investigation, analysis, and consultation support.
To be well qualified for the role you will require the following qualifications and competencies:
- An undergraduate degree, in a related area (prefer human resource management) and three to five years of directly related experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Working towards or maintaining a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation and/or other relevant credentials
- Excellent knowledge of BC Work Safe Health and Safety regulations
- HR Generalist knowledge and expertise in the areas of employee and labour relations, including a thorough understanding of current best practices, applicable legislation, collective agreement management and dispute resolution
- Experience facilitating creative win-win solutions involving complex and sensitive employee relations issues and situations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Technically proficient in the use of Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Sound HRIS and data management experience
- A personal working style that fits in a positive, team-focused, exciting and growing workplace
This is a regular full-time position working 37.5 hours per week, with a recruitment range that starts at $51,680 per annum. The University is also pleased to offer a comprehensive health benefits and pension package.
To apply please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae (preferably in electronic format) to:
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on October 30, 2012 and review of interest received will commence on November 9, 2012; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While RRU values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. Royal Roads University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe pdf.