Applications Administrator, Community Relations and Advancement
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, the Applications Administrator is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and relevance of all the data required for effective and timely use of the Raiser’s Edge database. This position will oversee development of business guidelines and best practices for database information management including data entry, mail and e-mail list management, event and communication tracking, data acquisition and integration with university databases. The position is responsible for generating regular weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual queries, appeal analysis and campaign reports. The Administrator stays current on changes to the software and trains departmental staff to enhance use of the database.
The role requires working independently and demonstrating a high level of initiative while being in a dynamic team environment where flexibility and multi-tasking is essential, plus other similar duties as they arise.
To be well suited to the role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
• Undergraduate degree with a minimum of three years of related experience, preferably using Raiser’s Edge database
• Thorough knowledge of the university environment and academic structure is an asset
• Working knowledge of advanced database management in the area of fundraising and relational constituent records and strong experience working in a multi-faceted organization, with a reputation for an ability to develop cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
• Knowledge of Canada Post guidelines and direct mail and annual giving
• Knowledgeable about the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and maintaining records and information in accordance with the Act
• Superior communication skillset and strong interpersonal skills using the ability to handle all information ethically, accurately and confidentially.
• Ability to work independently while exercising good judgment at all times
• Ability to work simultaneously on a variety of complex projects with imposed deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills; tact, diplomacy, discretion and sound judgment required.
• Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong conceptual abilities combined with high attention to detail
• Highly proficient in a broad range of software applications including Raisers Edge, MS Word, MS Excel
This is a regular full-time position working on campus for 37.5 hours per week with a recruitment range that starts at $36,640 per annum. The University is also pleased to offer a comprehensive health benefits and pension package.
To apply please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae (preferably in electronic format) to:
Competition # 12-102-P0021
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, B.C. V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on December 4, 2012 and will close on December 18, 2012; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe pdf.