Coordinator, Student Services
This is a temporary full-time replacement recruitment due to a leave vacancy.
Reporting to the Director, Student Services, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of services that attract and retain students and support their success. Primary areas of responsibility include orientation, student engagement, and first-level management of student incidents and conduct. Working to facilitate a common student experience, you will coordinate RRU’s online institutional orientation and oversee the facilitation of a student activities schedule. You will act as advisor and primary liaison with the Royal Roads University Student Association (RRUSA) and will develop training and support activities for student leaders in the association. You will serve as the first-level response to student issues and incidents of conduct. In addition, you will support outreach to all students via online resource development, facilitation of workshops, and the use of social media.
To be well suited to the role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline and five years experience in a post-secondary setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent counseling and conflict resolution skills, as well as a high level of diplomacy, tact, and judgment necessary when dealing with difficult situations
- Demonstrated experience with student service initiation and delivery in a post-secondary environment, particularly with orientation, student activities and student governance
- Proven track record of dealing with student conduct issues, conflicts, crises, and complaints
- Ability to create effective working relationships with students, faculty, and staff
- Fluency in online learning environments
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills with experience in a diverse setting
- Strong administrative and financial stewardship skills
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills
- Technically proficient in computer skills (including MS Office Suite, Collaborate, SharePoint, and familiarity with social media)
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Knowledge of the programs and strategic directions of Royal Roads University is an asset
This is a temporary full-time position working 37.5 hours per week for approximately six (6) months. The position has been evaluated at Grade 3 and the recruitment range starts at $42,024 per annum. The University is pleased to offer a percentage of salary in lieu of vacation.
To apply please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae (preferably in electronic format) to:
Competition # 13-011-P0086
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on February 13, 2013 and will close on February 26, 2013; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word, Adobe pdf. or text format.