Coordinator, Student Services
The Coordinator Student Services develops and delivers services that attract, retain, and support student success. The Coordinator has responsibility for first-level response to student issues, institutional orientation, social integration that supports a common student experience and management of the Policy on Student Rights and Responsibilities. The Coordinator also serves as the RRU liaison with the Royal Roads University Student Association.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline and five years’ experience in a post-secondary setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Excellent counseling and conflict resolution skills, as well as a high level of diplomacy, tact, and judgment necessary when dealing with difficult situations
• Demonstrated experience with student service initiation and delivery in a post-secondary environment, particularly with orientation, student activities and student governance
• Proven track record of dealing with student conduct issues, conflicts, crises, and complaints.
• Ability to create effective working relationships with students, faculty, and staff.
• Fluency in online learning environments
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills with experience in a diverse setting
• Strong administrative and financial stewardship skills
• Must be able to work flexible hours
• Knowledge of the programs and strategic directions of Royal Roads University is an asset
This is a temporary full-time position working on campus for 37.5 hours per week for approximately twelve months, with a recruitment range that starts at $42,864 per annum. The University is pleased to offer a percentage of salary in lieu of vacation.
Please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae (preferably in electronic format) to:
Competition # 14-067-P0086
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on August 20, 2014 and will close on September 1, 2014; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
Royal Roads University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply however; Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or text format. Note: While RRU values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted.