This is a temporary full-time position.
Centre for Teaching and Educational Technologies
Reporting to the Manager, Teaching and Learning, you will be responsible for producing and maintaining online courses at Royal Roads University. In a team environment, you will work closely with Instructional Designers and Interactive Media Developers to produce high quality courses on time. You will support the production of all courses by performing tasks such as creating course shells and the technical tools within them, copying new course content into course shells, verifying course quality against specified criteria and ensuring anomalies are identified and corrected as required. Additionally, you will support the Centre in the researching and testing of new technologies.
To be well suited for this position you must have excellent organizational abilities, exceptional customer service skills and be technically proficient.
- Post secondary degree/diploma in a related field plus 1-2 years experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to work to deadlines, independently, and as a positive contributing member of a team
- Exceptional computer skills required: MS Office, HTML, web layout (e.g., DreamWeaver), graphic manipulation (e.g., Photoshop)
- Ability to work independently, demonstrating resourcefulness and seeking assistance at appropriate times while working within a team environment
- Ability to analyze, trouble-shoot, interpret and implement a course of action and make recommendations on a variety of technical issues
- Sound judgment and decision making on issues within the scope of the position
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Experience with Moodle would be an asset
- Experience with e-learning trends, issues and technologies would be an asset
This is a temporary full-time position working on campus 37.5 hours per week for approximately one year. The position has been evaluated at Grade 2 and the recruitment range starts at $37,373 per annum. The University is pleased to offer a percentage of salary in lieu of vacation.
Please forward your cover letter and resume (preferably in electronic format) to:
Competition # 13-018-T0029
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, B.C. V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on March 8, 2013 and will close on March 21, 2013; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe format.