Employer Liaison, Student Services
This is a replacement recruitment of an existing position.
The Employer Liaison is a critical conduit between industry and units of the University for student and alumni experiential learning opportunities, faculty/employer relations, and business, research, sponsorship and vendor partnerships.
Reporting to the Director, Student Services, you will develop experiential learning opportunities to support curriculum requirements by creating and fostering relations between the University and domestic and international employer and organizational partners. You will create and manage communications and partnership recruitment channels, analyze trends and make recommendations for changes to curricula and experiential learning delivery and support. In addition, you will make site visits to current and potential experiential learning partners, and will manage the overall administration of experiential learning opportunities and RRU’s online experiential education portal.
To be well suited to the role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and a minimum of 5 years of experience in the areas of business development and industry relations or an equivalent combination of education and experience; experience in a post-secondary setting preferred
- Proven track record of successfully securing experiential learning opportunities, or related sales experience
- Superior relationship development skills with professional approach to representing the University to business, government and third-sector partners
- Skilled at using emergent technologies to reach a global audience, managing social networks and implementing key business development strategies and promotional campaigns
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to achieve outcomes in a creative and driven, team-based, collaborative environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities
- Strong diplomatic skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Demonstrated negotiation and project management skills
- Advanced computer skills (including MS Office Suite, Blackboard Collaborate, digital media)
- Knowledge of relevant federal, provincial, and international employment regulations and experiential learning-related processes
- International experience is an asset
- Possession of a valid driver’s license is an asset
- May require occasional overnight travel
This is a regular full-time position working 37.5 hours per week. The position has been evaluated at Grade 4 and the recruitment range is $51,680 to $64,600 per annum. The University is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Please forward your cover letter and resume (preferably in electronic format) to:
Competition # 12-030-P0099
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, B.C. V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on April 25, 2012 and will close on May 8, 2012; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe format.