Enrolment Advisor, Admissions and Enrolment Services
This is a regular full time recruitment of a vacant position.
Reporting to, and under general direction of the Manager, Admissions & Enrolment Services, the Enrolment Advisor’s primary responsibility is to ensure the coordinated implementation of the university’s prospect management strategy, while safeguarding the standards and ethics of Royal Roads University.
Your primary responsibility will be to build and develop relationships with our prospective students by providing timely and relevant information to meet their needs, mainly through phone, email communication and in-person meetings. Working as part of a dynamic team you will often be the first point of contact for our prospective students and will assist them from the point of initial program inquiry to registration. Your ability to listen effectively and assist prospects with exploring their potential in relation to their education goals is essential.
Additionally, you may participate in various admissions and enrolment services functions, activities and projects related to planning, recruitment events, implementing initiatives, and reporting.
To be well suited for this position you must have excellent organizational abilities, exceptional customer service skills and be technically proficient.
To be well suited to the role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
• Undergraduate degree in business or communications and three to five years experience in a post-secondary environment (preferably in the areas of student/academic advising, recruitment, counseling or similar), or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills (presentation skills are a benefit).
• A dedicated service orientation when dealing with all internal or external clients (i.e., potential learners, applicants, current learners, alumni, associate faculty, fellow RRU staff, agencies, etc.).
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to easily adapt to new software and systems.
• Ability to multi-task while remaining process-driven and outcomes oriented.
• Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external clients and stakeholders.
• Ability to work independently or in a high-performance team with minimal supervision.
• Be a disciplined self-starter, taking initiative where appropriate.
• Knowledge of the University, its programs, and the RRU learning experience an asset.
• Familiarity with database management software such as Agresso and Microsoft CRM an asset.
This is a regular full-time position working on campus for 37.5 hours per week with a recruitment range that starts at $42,024 per annum. The University is also pleased to offer a comprehensive health benefits and pension package.
To apply please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae (preferably in electronic format) to:
Competition # 12-108-A0008
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, B.C. V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on December 19, 2012 and will close on January 9, 2013; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe pdf.