Faculty, School of Leadership
This is a new five year probationary position
Royal Roads University is seeking applications for the position of Faculty Member in the School of Leadership Studies, Faculty of Social and Applied Science, at the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or full Professor, based on qualifications and experience. As a full-time faculty member, you will play a key role in the delivery of the Master in Arts program in Leadership, which admits more than 150 students annually. This interdisciplinary program is focused on theoretical and applied approaches to the understanding and practice of leadership in personal, supervisory, team and strategic contexts in a variety of sectors (corporate, public service, health, justice, education, volunteer). It stresses a holistic, cross-disciplinary, approach to learning leadership.
To be considered, candidates will possess:
- Doctoral degree, or working toward a Doctoral degree, in Leadership or a related field
- Demonstrated teaching excellence at the graduate level in the field of leadership studies
- Experience in the integration and use of adult learning principles in the design and delivery of learning experiences and assessment of working professionals
- Understanding of the ethical requirements of graduate research
- Experience with on-line and face-to-face course delivery
- Familiarity with distance education
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating and evaluating behavioural learning outcomes
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary outcomes-based curriculum
- Experience in curriculum design and development at the graduate level
- Applied skills at the organizational, community and/or international level
Experience in organizational leadership
- Broad theoretical understanding or organizational change, the impact of globalization on various leadership settings, systems thinking and strategies for organizational innovation and improvement
- Action research experience
- Experience in supervision of graduate students
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially as a team member with a variety of teams and stakeholder groups
In addition to a collegial learning community, RRU offers a comprehensive compensation package, with a starting salary and academic rank based on qualifications and experience. This is an initial five-year probationary appointment with the possibility of conversion into a continuing appointment, subject to performance and program needs.
To apply please forward your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a statement of teaching philosophy (preferably in electronic format) to:
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on April 26th, 2013. Review of applications will begin June 14, 2013; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates chosen for further consideration will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide the names and contact information for three referees, and to arrange for the forwarding of degree transcripts directly from the granting institutions.
RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
We welcome you to visit us on-line at www.royalroads.ca for further information.