Financial Aid and Awards Associate, Student Services
This is a temporary full-time recruitment due to a leave vacancy.
Reporting to the Coordinator, Financial Aid and Awards, your primary responsibility will be to administer the internal awards granted by the university each year, numbering more than 200. Working closely with Community Relations and Advancement as well as with Student Accounts, you will oversee the awards administration process. You will promote the availability of awards to students, provide guidance to applicants, administer awards adjudication, communicate award decisions, and monitor their disbursement. You will also assist the Coordinator, Financial Aid and Awards with the administration of all government-sponsored financial aid programs and external awards and support the work of the department as requested.
You must have excellent attention to detail, exceptional customer service skills and be technically proficient in computer abilities.
To be well suited for this role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
• Post-Secondary degree or diploma with one year financial aid and awards experience
• Ability to interpret and apply complex policies and guidelines
• Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Ability to exercise a high level of judgement, diplomacy and tact and to respect and maintain confidentiality
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Track record of working effectively with a variety of stakeholders (example: students, faculty, staff and senior administrators)
• Strong problem solving and negotiating skills
• Technically proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office products
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial assistance and student awards is an asset
• Knowledge of StudentAid BC’s Student Financial Aid System and RRU’s student information system software is an asset
• Proven skills, experience and commitment to student service delivery in a post-secondary environment and/or sound knowledge of RRU, its philosophy and programs is an asset
This is a temporary full-time position working on campus for 37.5 hours per week for approximately nine months, with a recruitment range that starts at $38,120 per annum. The university is pleased to offer a percentage of salary in lieu of vacation.
The competition will begin on July 9, 2013 and will close on July 22, 2013; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
Please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae (preferably in electronic format) to:
Competition # 13-060-A0081
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
Royal Roads University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or text format. Note: While RRU values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted.