Instructional Designer, Centre for Teaching and Educational Technologies
This is a replacement recruitment of an existing position.
Reporting to the Manager, Teaching and Learning, you will lead the course development process and ensure the quality of learning materials. You will act as the lead/project manager in a team environment with faculty and staff to design, develop and deliver all course components, acting as the CTET point of contact for your assigned program area(s) for issues related to faculty development, course development and educational technology.
You will provide training to instructors on effective technical and pedagogical use of the technology and will liaise with and advise academic and business units with respect to e-learning. You will also research, write and present on the latest trends and issues in e-learning, pedagogy/andragogy, and technology.
To be well suited to the role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Graduate degree in educational psychology, educational technology, distance education or a related field
- Minimum two (2) years experience in designing and delivering online courses preferably in a post-secondary environment
- Experience working on teams with technical professionals and faculty
- Ability to work as a positive, contributing member of a team
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills, including writing and editing
- Strong computer skills (web applications, other educational technologies, MS Office suite)
- Strong instructional and presentation skills (online and face-to-face)
The following will be considered an asset:
- Experience working with course and program development in post-secondary academic Environmental Science programming
- Experience with Moodle
- Advanced skills in designing and facilitating live synchronous sessions (web conferencing, e.g., Elluminate/Collaborate)
This is a regular full-time position working 37.5 hours per week. The position has been evaluated at Grade 4 and the recruitment range is $51,680 - $64,600 per annum and the University is also pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae (preferably in electronic format) to:
Competition # 11-114-T0011
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, B.C. V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on December 22, 2011 and will close on January 9, 2012; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe pdf.