International Admissions Advisor, International Programs
This is a newly created position due to a recent reorganization within the department.
Reporting to the Manager, International Admissions, you will be responsible for facilitating the admission of international students into RRU programs by advising on admissions policies, regulations and processes, and engineering processes to maximize the conversion of international applicants to registrants. You will play a lead role in advising applicants, agents, Study Group (SG) area managers, transfer partners and International Study Centre (ISC) Admissions and you will act as the first point of contact for Program Directors, faculty and registration staff during the application and enrolment process.
To be well suited to the role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- An undergraduate degree in business or communications and three to five years of related experience in a post-secondary environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Good research, reporting and project management skills, and an aptitude for detailed work and accuracy.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, problem solve and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations with high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to build and maintain positive, cooperative, and service-oriented relationships with internal and external clients (mainly applicants, faculty, staff and prospective learners), where diversity of situations and people are routinely encountered.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and ability to present information effectively.
- Experience working with international students, including an understanding of
- other cultures and the ability to communicate in a cross-cultural working
- Familiarity with different education systems in major international student source countries.
- Experience in working in a multicultural team in a high pressure environment.
- Be a disciplined self-starter, taking initiative where appropriate.
- Knowledge of the University, its programs, and the RRU learning experience.
- Familiarity with database management software such as Agresso.
- Fluency in a second language such Arabic, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian.
This is a regular full-time position working 37.5 hours per week. The position has been evaluated at Grade 3 and the recruitment range is $41,200 to $51,500 per annum. The University is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae (preferably in electronic format) to:
Competition # 11-082-P0098
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on August 24, 2011 and will close on September 7, 2011; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe pdf.