International Contract Training Manager, Office of Global Advancement
This is a newly created position.
Reporting to the Director of International Contract Training, the International Contract Training Manager will plan, develop, implement, administer (including the accountability for program cost controls) and supervise international training programs of the highest quality. The International Contract Training Manager will assist with custom designing, testing, budgeting and implementing innovative programs which meet the identified educational and training needs of various international students/clients. The incumbent will prepare written proposals in response to identified market needs or leads generated by Business Development Directors or the Director, ICT. The International Contract Training Manager also provides direction to staff and instructors required to deliver above mentioned programs and will be responsible for developing and maintaining budgets for each training project.
To be considered, candidates will possess:
- Undergraduate degree and a minimum five years’ experience in a post-secondary environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills (dynamic presentation skills are a benefit)
- Previous experience in working with educational program development and implementation
- Demonstrated competence in intercultural communication and cross-cultural understanding
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to easily adapt to new software and systems
- Ability to multi-task while remaining process-driven and outcomes oriented
- Understanding of diverse country specific needs and protocols
- Ability to prepare and monitor program budgets
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with international, local and internal clients and stakeholders
- Ability to work independently or in a high-performance team with minimal supervision
- Be a disciplined self-starter, taking initiative where appropriate
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the University and its programs is an asset
This is a regular full-time position working 37.5 hours per week, with a recruitment range that starts at $53,768 per annum. The University is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Please forward your cover letter and resume (preferably in electronic format) to:
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition began on September 9, 2013 and will close on September 20, 2013; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs.
Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe pdf. format.