Manager, Total Rewards and Employee Relations
This is a replacement of an existing position.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Human Resources you will be responsible for the development, implementation, communication and administration of total rewards and employee relations strategies in support of the university’s mission and goal to recruit and retain a diverse group of talented students and employees.
As an integral member of the department you will lead the Total Rewards & Employee Relations team by managing day-to-day activities, assigning case work, and providing guidance and feedback. Additionally, you will work closely with the Manager, Recruitment and Selection to ensure that departmental goals and objectives are achieved in a collaborative and effective manner.
We’re seeking a dynamic and seasoned human resources professional who enjoys both the technical and employee focused disciplines of the HR profession as the role demands expertise in each exciting area.
To be well qualified for the role you will require the following qualifications and competencies:
- A degree (graduate degree preferred) in business, economics or public administration plus five to seven years relevant human resources experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certified as a Human Resource Professional (CHRP)
- Demonstrated experience developing reward strategies for a diverse employee population
- Demonstrated experience in organizational design, position analysis and job evaluation
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and interpersonal skills to relay complex information and potentially contentious decisions in a respectful and service oriented manner
- Established HR leader who can successfully engage employees across the organization in change initiatives
- Collective bargaining experience, collective agreement administration and grievance resolution experience
- Ability to lead others and delegate successfully
- High self awareness and ability to adapt
- Sound analytical skills and a keen attention to detail
- Empathetic to the implications of significant change initiatives
- A commitment to maintaining and developing key internal and external relationships (i.e. interactions with the Post Secondary Employer’s Council)
- Ability to conduct labour market research and develop recommendations
- Desk-top self-sufficiency using MS office applications
- A personal working style that fits within a positive, team-focused, exciting and growing workplace
This is a regular full-time position working 37.5 hours per week. The position has been evaluated at Grade 5 and the recruitment range is $64,000 to $80,000 per annum. The University is also pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae (preferably in electronic format) to:
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on June 18, 2012 and review of interest received will commence on July 6, 2012; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While RRU values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. Royal Roads University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe pdf.