Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Specialist is responsible for coordinating the planning and implementation of all marketing related initiatives for program area marketing as designated. The Marketing Specialist will support and coordinate all marketing initiatives with the support of the marketing team as a whole.
The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of all components of the integrated marketing mix in order to support the ongoing growth of the University and in particular the program marketing planning while also qualifying market positioning and refinement.
To be well suited to the role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field
• A minimum 3-5 years marketing and/or advertising experience – advertising agency experience is an asset
• Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
• Strong customer service background
• Ability to plan, write, develop and execute coordinated marketing and promotional activities, briefs and plans
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Motivated and flexible and enjoys a multi-task, high paced work environment
• Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
• Resourceful in problem solving
• Superior professionalism and judgment
• Demonstrated ability to present marketing campaigns to clients
• Strong work ethic
• Proficient in use of PC (all Microsoft Office products)
• May require working occasional evenings and weekends or some overnight travel
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
This is a full-time position working on campus for 37.5 hours per week. Recruitment range starts at $42,864 per annum. The University is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Please forward your cover letter and resume (preferably in electronic format) to:
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on August 6, 2014 and will close on August 20, 2014; however, the competition will remain open until successful candidates are found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe pdf. format.