Member Services Representative, Recreation Centre
This recruitment is to replenish the casual on-call pool.
Reporting to the Manager, Recreation Centre, the Member Services Representative is responsible for providing frontline customer service and fulfilling the administrative duties of the Recreation Centre front desk, including reception, reservations/bookings and cash transactions. The Member Services Representative also attends to the general operational needs of the gym such as laundry and basic equipment maintenance and cleaning.
To be well qualified for the role you will possess exceptional customer service skills and a genuine interest in the fitness industry.
- Current basic First Aid Certification
- A minimum of one year relevant experience
- A caring, welcoming attitude and a genuine interest in customer needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and customer management techniques
- Ability to process transactions at a point-of-sale terminal, give correct change and balance and close the till at end of shift
- Trustworthy and skilled in managing and accounting for a cash float
- Motivated, flexible and enjoys dynamic, multi-task work environment with interruptions
- A demonstrated commitment to teamwork
- Ability to operate a computer with basic software (MS Word, Excel) and RRU’s point of sales system
- Enthusiasm for fitness
This is a casual on-call position with varying day and evening shifts and we cannot guarantee a set number of hours per week. The rate of pay is $13.71 per hour plus an additional 4% vacation pay.
Please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae (preferably in electronic format) to:
Competition # 13-001-G0007
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on January 3, 2013 and may be on-going throughout the year as needed to attract candidates to expand our casual on-call employee list within the Recreation Centre.
Royal Roads University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply however; Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or text format. Note: While RRU values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted.