Office Assistant, Accounting
This is a regular full time recruitment of a vacant position
Under the general direction of the Director, Financial Services, the Office Assistant undertakes a wide range of administrative functions supporting the Financial Services department. The role is primarily responsible for reception, daily AP invoice registration; scanning and filing of VISA statements and AP invoices; other filing, processing outgoing and incoming financial services mail; processing cheque runs; and cash receipts pickup from various departments.
To be well suited to the role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Minimum of one year, related office administration experience (AP experience would be an asset).
- College certificate in office administration an asset.
- Ability to multi task, set priorities, and cope with interruptions.
- Orderly, efficient and accurate. Attention to detail essential.
- Ability to work independently and with the team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to exercise initiative, good judgment, confidentiality and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to perform consistently to a high standard under pressure and meet deadlines. Working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Agresso experience an asset.
This is a regular full-time position working on campus for 37.5 hours per week with a recruitment range that starts at $32,477 per annum. The University is also pleased to offer a comprehensive health benefits and pension package.
To apply please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae (preferably in electronic format) to:
Competition # 12-096-A0152
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, B.C. V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on November 11, 2012 and will close on November 22, 2012; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe pdf.