Under general direction, you will perform room readiness, post-function details, basic custodial tasks and minor furnishing and equipment repair; receive and deliver University purchases and relocate university assets, and maintain the Asset Inventory System.
You will be responsible for the physical event coordination, “set up/tear down” and appearance of the University facilities for use by the internal and external clients; the physical relocation of University assets, and the maintenance of a professional ‘front door’ image presented by the University.
You must be capable of periods of high intensity and physical work, and have the ability to work flexible hours and weekends as this position will be working mostly weekends and shifts to meet the needs of our clients. You will be required to lift, carry and place heavy loads as a routine requirement of the position, being ever mindful of the historical facility and potential damage to the structure.
Education, Training and Experience
To be considered for this position, a candidate must have the following:
- Grade 12 graduation from a secondary school or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Possession of a valid driver’s license in the province of British Columbia.
- Knowledge of Workplace Hazardous material Information System WHMIS) and the use of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Basic First Aid.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To be successful in this position, the incumbent must demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to communicate using computerized electronic format
- Ability to operate equipment related to duties and work performed
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- General knowledge of procedures involved in work performed
- Ability to work in inclement weather
This is a casual on-call position within the CUPE Local 3886 Bargaining Unit and we cannot guarantee a set number of hours per week. The hourly rate $18.06 and the University is pleased to offer a percentage of salary in lieu of benefits.
Please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae (preferably in electronic format) to:
Competition # 13-029-C0003
Human Resources – Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on April 8th, 2013 and close on April 22, 2013.
RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons in wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe pdf format.
Note: While RRU values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted.