Program Associate, School of Communication and Culture
This is a replacement position.
Reporting to the School Manager, School of Communication and Culture and the School Director, School of Communication and Culture, you will be responsible for coordinating administrative and day-to-day operational functions to support the effective and efficient delivery of the programs offered within the School. You will liaise with School staff, faculty (core and associate), students (prospective, current and alumni), and university support areas on a daily basis in order to ensure that the program is supported, delivered and promoted effectively.
To be well suited for this role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Three (3) to five (5) years administrative experience; a certificate in Office Administration would be an asset
- Demonstrated excellence in event planning, program coordination and contract administration skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities with demonstrated conflict resolution and team building skills
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Office administration skills experience, including exceptional computer skills using MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint),
- The ability and willingness to become proficient with university-specific software applications within a reasonable timeframe (i.e., Moodle, EMS, Agresso Student, the corporate website’s Content Management System (CMS), RRU’s intranet /CAMP)
- A dedicated service orientation when dealing with all internal or external clients (i.e., potential students, current students, alumni, core and associate faculty, fellow RRU staff, etc.)
- Ability to keep focused, multi-task and prioritize to ensure that the important tasks are completed in a timely manner
This is a regular, full-time position working 37.5 hours per week. The position has been evaluated at Grade 2 and the recruitment range starts at $38,120 per annum. The University is also pleased to offer a comprehensive health benefits and pension package.
Please forward your cover letter and resume (preferably in electronic format) to:
Competition #13-063 – A0134
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on July 16, 2013 and will close on July 23, 2013, however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply however; Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe format.