Program Associate, School of Tourism and Hospitality Management
This is a new position.
The Faculty of Management is seeking applications from experienced and energetic individuals to join their team.
Reporting to the School Manager, you will provide clerical, technical and administrative functions in support of the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management programs, faculty and students. As part of a team, you will provide day-to-day administrative support to the programs in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities. The position has a strong orientation to projects and cross-functional teamwork, customer service, and the presentation of a positive, professional image for Royal Roads University.
Required Qualifications/Competencies (education, skills and abilities):
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in administrative support
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in administration is an asset
- Exceptional written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong customer service focus when dealing with all internal and external clients (students, faculty, prospects, alumni, RRU staff, etc.)
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
- Advanced computer skills (in a PC environment using MS Office), including Social Media tools, and adaptable to using custom applications
- Possess a positive attitude and are comfortable working both independently and in a team-based environment while always maintaining a professional approach to working relationships and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative where and when appropriate, and work well under pressure
- Familiarity with the tourism industry and/or hotel sector would be an asset
This is a full-time position working 37.5 hours per week. The position has been evaluated at Grade 2 and the recruitment range starts at $36,640 per annum. The University is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae (preferably in electronic format) to:
Competition # 12-100-A0095
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, B.C. V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on November 22, 2012 and will close on December 6, 2012; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe format.