Program Coordinator - International Study Centre
Royal Roads University and Study Group Canada have partnered in the establishment of the Royal Roads University International Study Centre (ISC). Established in 2011, the ISC delivers a range of programs to international students focused on a combination of language, preparatory and degree level studies. Study Group is recruiting for the Centre Director to join the Study Group North America team and to be based on the Royal Roads University campus.
Reporting to the Centre Director, the Program Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day administration in the Centre in support of academic and non-academic functions. These functions encompass office administration, student administration, course administration and Centre Office Support and Budget. The Program Coordinator interacts and liaises with the RRU Registrar, and Finance Department, as well as Study Group Finance and HR staff.
- Develop regular reports for RRU, SG and the ISC.
- Office expert on Study Global providing training to ISC staff as required.
- Ensure the compliance of Centre systems with University requirements in terms of data management, storage and reporting.
- Coordinate and organize faculty/staff training, professional development and special events with Centre Director oversight.
- Prepare agenda and minutes for ISC staff meetings.
- Coordinate staff manual development.
- Coordinate the development of ISC administrative and academic policies and procedures taking into consideration Study Group and RRU policies and procedures.
- Book rooms as required in support of ISC staff and faculty.
- Order, receive and store supplies and arrange for food service contract in Arbutus if required.
- Coordinate visits including booking and setting up of rooms, preparing draft agenda, coordinating the preparation of briefings as required
- Provide administrative support to Centre Director.
- Coordinate preparation of student handbook.
- Class students in Study Global.
- Maintain student records.
- Support Student Success Manager in student arrival programming
- Conduct and manage data entry.
- Coordinate the collection and dissemination of student progress reports.
- Prepare instructors’ contracts with guidance and oversight of Centre Director.
- Coordinate academic course scheduling.
- Confirm textbook requirements and place order with Library.
- Coordinate completion of course evaluations and vet evaluation reports.
- Coordinate students testing as required.
Centre Office Support and Budget
- Order/purchase supplies in support of faculty and Centre staff with Centre Director approval.
- Process invoices for payment (Indexing in “Smart Client” for Centre Director approval).
- Conduct student billing, track payments and ensure collections.
- Reporting issues concerning maintenance and servicing of the Centre’s facilities and equipment with RRU’ property management department.
- Deposit monies and cheques in Centre bank account.
- Prepare budget reports for Centre Director review.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Administration.
- Experience developing relationships with peers and senior staff.
- Computer skills and experience in working with databases and student management systems desirable
- Experience working in post-secondary education is an asset.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment is an asset.
Personal Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Ability to research.
- Planning and organizing skills
To apply, please send:
- a cover letter that 1. Outlines your interest, and 2. clearly shows how your skills and experience fit with the responsibilities outlined in the job description
- a resume or CV (*PDF is the preferred document format—please include your first and last names in the file name of any documents*)
- to Anne Parker, Royal Roads University ISC Director AParker@studygroup.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, Study Group will respond in writing only to those who are invited for interviews. No phone calls or emails please.