Program Manager, MGM Program, School of Business
This is a replacement recruitment of a regular full-time position.
Reporting to the School Director, you will be responsible for overseeing, managing, and streamlining the day-to-day non-academic functions of the Master in Global Management program area within the School of Business. You will ensure the efficient and effective management of the program’s administrative processes, program schedules, budgets and contracts. You will have supervisory responsibilities for the program learning support associates within the program area.
Working closely with the Administrative Manager you will support the hiring processes, welcoming and orienting new staff, faculty and associate faculty to the program area and the University. You will also work closely with the appointed Faculty of Business Manager to ensure the financial policies and procedures are followed and budgets are monitored and managed. Additionally, you will also support targeted marketing activities as required, including website updates and providing prospects with information.
Required Qualifications/Competencies (education, skills and abilities):
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in administrative management or equivalent education and experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified; a graduate degree is preferred.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
• Knowledge of management principles and practices
• Employee development and performance management skills
• Strong leadership capabilities
• Knowledge and understanding of post-secondary business education requirements, principles and procedures
• Knowledge and experience in budgeting, cost estimation, and fiscal management principles and procedures
• Ability to develop, plan and implement short- and long-range goals
• Ability to secure cooperation and commitment from internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to make decisions based on financial and economic analysis, while ensuring the university’s best interests are met
• Experience working in a multi-cultural environment preferred
This is a permanent, full-time position working 37.5 hours per week. This position has been evaluated at Grade 4 and the recruitment range starts at $53,768.00 per annum. The University is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae (preferably in electronic format) to:
Competition # 13-061-M0110
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, B.C. V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on July 5, 3013 and will close on July 18, 2013; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe pdf.