School Manager, School of Education and Technology
As the School Manager you will be responsible for overseeing, managing and streamlining the non-academic functions of the School. You will ensure the efficient and effective management of the school’s general administration, academic administration, student support, financial management, human resources, marketing and communication.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative management of the School and in this role you will develop and implement systems and procedures at the School level to ensure compliance with university and Faculty policy, procedures, guidelines, and reporting requirements. In collaboration with the School Director, Program Heads, Dean and VPA offices, you will be responsible for establishing and managing an effective framework of academic support for existing and new programs within the School. You will work closely with the Faculty’s Business Manager to ensure the financial policies and procedures are followed and budgets are developed, monitored and managed effectively. Working with the Director, Administrative Manager, and HR, you will direct all the human resource activities for the administrative staff within the school. You will play a lead role for the School with regards to marketing activities and communication strategies and maintains oversight for the academic accuracy of the corporate and School websites and collateral materials.
To be well suited for this role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Degree in a relevant field with at least 5–7 years of administrative management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working in an academic environment is an asset.
- Proven ability to plan, develop and manage budgets, contracts and other financial matters.
- Ability to make decisions or make recommendations that take into consideration all contributing factors, e.g., financial, human resource, administrative, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision, training and development.
- Strong leadership capabilities and the ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of post-secondary business education requirements, principles and procedures.
- Proven ability to develop, plan and implement short- and long-range goals in administrative and personnel-related processes; comfortable being responsible for a wide variety of managerial functions.
- Proven ability to exercise a high level of discretion for matters requiring sensitivity and confidentiality related to employee and student issues, and to ensure that critical issues beyond the bounds of the position are escalated to a higher level for action and/or resolution in a timely manner.
- Exceptional communication skills in face-to-face, online and printed formats.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work as part of the managerial team for the Faculty.
This is a regular, full-time position working 37.5 hours per week. The position has been evaluated at Grade 4 and the recruitment range starts at $53,768 per annum. The University is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Please forward your cover letter and resume (preferably in electronic format) to:
Competition # 13-027
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on April 15, 2013 and will close on April 29, 2013; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply however; Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe format.