Senior Membership Services Representative
This is a replacement recruitment of a regular part-time position.
Reporting to the Manager, Recreation Centre, the Senior Membership Services Representative assists in the implementation of Recreation Centre policies and procedures, coordinates communications within the Membership Services team, and provides support to the Manager in areas of special projects (including social media, marketing projects and community events). The Senior Membership Services Representative is also responsible for providing frontline customer service and fulfilling the administrative duties of the Recreation Centre front desk, including reception, reservations/bookings and cash transactions and the general operational needs of the gym such as laundry and basic equipment maintenance and cleaning.
To be well suited to the role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Current basic First Aid Certification
- A minimum of two years relevant experience
- A caring, welcoming attitude and a genuine interest in customer needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and customer management techniques
- Ability to process transactions at a point-of-sale terminal, give correct change and balance and close the till at end of shift
- Trustworthy and skilled in managing and accounting for a cash float
- Motivated, flexible and enjoys dynamic, multi-task work environment with interruptions
- A demonstrated commitment to teamwork with ability to lead within a team
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with MS Word, Excel and RRU’s point of sales system (Computerease) as well as different channels of social media
- Enthusiasm for fitness
This is a regular part-time position working 30 hours per week and may include varying early morning, evening and weekend shifts. This position has been evaluated at Grade 1 and the recruitment range starts at $33,126 per annum (which will be prorated for part-time). The University is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae (preferably in electronic format) to:
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on November 8, 2013 and review of interest received will commence on November 25, 2013; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.
If you are sending your application via e-mail, please ensure that your electronic file is saved in MS Word or Adobe pdf.