Site Organizer, Campus Services
This recruitment is for three casual, on-call seasonal positions.
3 On-Call Positions
Reporting to the Manager, Campus Services, your primary responsibility will be to serve as the point of contact for clients hosting events at Royal Roads University and Hatley Park National Historic Site. You will be responsible for identifying potential issues relating to the safety of the client and their guests and implementing solutions quickly and professionally. You will work with other staff such as security, media tech, caterers, and other service providers to ensure the client and their guests have a positive on-site experience; their needs are met or exceeded. During large scale University events, you will provide support, and report to the event coordinator.
To be well qualified for the role you will possess exceptional customer service skills and a welcoming spirit. Well-developed interpersonal skills will also be required as you will respond to a diverse array of guests to Hatley Park National Historic Park and Royal Roads University.
To be well suited to the role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
• A minimum of one year’s relevant experience;
• A caring, welcoming attitude towards visitors and a genuine interest in people;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and customer management techniques
• Proven ability to make decisions, solve problems and seek managerial support when required;
• Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts, respond to unusual requests and/or behaviors, deal with diverse and sometimes difficult people;
• Knowledge of policies and regulations relating to events and the Universities liquor license;
• Knowledge of the history of Hatley Park National Historic Site and Royal Roads University;
• Must be flexible and able to work evenings and weekends;
• Knowledge of WorkSafeBC Health and Safety regulations;
• Knowledge and/or experience with the tourism or film sector considered an asset;
• Fluency or competency in a second language, particularly French, Japanese or Chinese, considered an asset
There are three on-call casual positions available (including weekends shifts) for coverage of peak season, 7 day a week operations, from approximately May 1, 2014 through to September 30, 2014. We cannot guarantee a set number of hours per week. The hourly wage is $15.00 an hour plus an additional 4% vacation pay.
To apply please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae (preferably in electronic format) to:
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on April 7, 2014 and will close on April 14, 2014 however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
Royal Roads University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration. While RRU values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. Please call 391-2511 for information and assistance if you are dropping off your application in person.