- HR Service
- Working at RRU
- Leading at RRU
- Employee & Labour Relations
- Employee Engagement & Recognition
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at RRU
- Performance & Development Planning
- Professional Development
- Workplace Wellness
Professional Development Support
Please contact us with your questions or comments.
External Development Opportunities
Enhance Your Career at Royal Roads
One of the ways Royal Roads University builds individual and organizational capacity is by investing in its employees through a variety of career-enhancing opportunities; specifically by supporting professional development areas expressed in the employee’s annual Professional and Development Plan and aligned for specific relevance to their role.
Process and Approvals
Professional development support requests are vetted on a case by case basis. The employee completes the applicable Professional Development Request Form and submits it to their supervisor for approval.
Submitting your External Professional Development Request
- The employee will send a copy of the approved External professional development request form with a copy of the approved and completed expense claim form for all related expenses to Finance (for reimbursement if the learning opportunity is directly paid by the employee).
- All related expenses for this professional development will be charged to the employee's department (not Human Resources) and to the Personal Learning account of 61305.
- A copy of the approved form is to be sent to Human Resources for tracking purposes.