- HR Service
- Working at RRU
- Leading at RRU
- Employee & Labour Relations
- Employee Engagement & Recognition
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at RRU
- Performance & Development Planning
- Professional Development
- Workplace Wellness
Please contact us with your questions or comments.
HR Service Commitment
At Royal Roads University our managers and leaders take their responsibility for the human resource management of the employees (faculty and staff) within their area(s) of responsibility seriously. Human Resources works in partnership with those in leadership roles to support them in carrying out their human resource management responsibilities.
The Human Resources Team commits to supporting our RRU vision ‘Inspiring people with the courage to transform the world’ and to living our RRU values of ‘caring, creative and courageous’ by:
- Delivering a responsive recruitment program seeking to hire the very best, looking at the requirements of the future, rejecting discrimination of any kind and embracing diversity
- Working as strategic partners with leaders in providing day to day decision support, strategic advice, coaching and guidance in service of RRU’s commitment to be a Workplace of Choice;
- Assisting and supporting new and existing managers and leaders with the training and development needed to help them achieve and exceed our aspiration to create a flexible, responsive and engaged workplace
- Advocating for and supporting a meaningful Employee Experience for all at RRU through all facets of HR that support and encourage employee engagement, recognition and well-being
- Seeking to understand the challenges and unique nature of the work within each area of the University;
- Balancing expert advice, with operational or ‘hands on’ assistance in the context of a collaborative relationship;
- Being accountable for producing high quality work and responsive and timely service;
- Becoming agents of continuous transformation, developing and implementing best practice HR programs, policies, systems, training and tools that together improve an organization’s capacity for change
- Ensuring a consistent application of collective agreements and University policies, taking into account each set of circumstances;
- Maintaining confidentiality and building trustworthy relationships;
- Supporting a respectful and inclusive workplace; and
- Demonstrating respect and inclusion, in both our words and in our actions.
- Committing to protecting the lives and health of all employees through effective risk prevention.