Please contact us with your questions or comments.
International SOS Global Assistance Program
Royal Roads University has partnered with International SOS to offer medical, safety and security assistance to students, faculty and staff when travelling abroad on Royal Roads business.
Before you leave, print and pack your Membership card.
Remember to download the International SOS app: http://app.internationalsos.com
The assistance program can help you 24 hours a day, seven days a week prior to and during your trip.
International SOS provides:
- a website with comprehensive health and security information about your travel destination;
- a mobile app and email service that will send you timely medical and security updates on your destination;
- doctors and security experts you can call while travelling to get professional medical or security advice;
- coordination of emergency medical care and coverage; and
- when necessary, help with emergency medical care beyond your travel insurance coverage.
International SOS is not a travel insurance provider. All Royal Roads University travellers must have appropriate out-of-country health and travel insurance.
Associate faculty members and contractors will still need to buy medical travel insurance.
For faculty and staff, Manulife, Royal Roads University’s benefit insurer, provides medical emergency travel assistance coverage up to $5 million per lifetime for faculty, staff and dependents. (Depending on your destination or your planned activities, you may want to consider purchasing additional travel medical insurance.)
In case of medical emergency, International SOS can help coordinate your care and coverage. When necessary, it can also help with emergency medical care beyond your travel insurance coverage.
For more information on accessing the International SOS Global Assistance Program click here.