Manulife Financial is RRU's extended group benefits provider. (Premiums 100% paid for by RRU).
- Effective date of enrolment is the permanent hire date with the University.
- Extended Health Care Benefits: 80% co-insurance for drugs, vision care, paramedical and professional services; 100% co-insurance for emergency out-of-country/travel insurance - for employee, spouse and dependent children.
- Dental Care: 100% basic and supplementary basic; 75% major and supplementary major and 50% for orthodontics - for employee, spouse and dependent children.
- Term Life Insurance: Two times annual salary in the event of employee's death - this is a taxable benefit.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: Two times annual salary.
- Dependent Life Insurance: $10,000 per dependent (spouse and children) - this is a taxable benefit.
- Long Term Disability Insurance: To a maximum of two-thirds of employee's monthly earnings - qualifying period of 17 weeks (Note: for LTD insurance, all employees except CUPE & RRUFA members pay for the premium).
- Optional Life Insurance: Option to purchase (employee and spouse).
Please visit the Manulife Financial website for more information on:
- Online registration
- Forms (Claim forms, change forms, optional life forms, etc)
- Allianz Global Assistance - Emergency travel assistance (The University's group extended health care plans, which have a lifetime maximum of $5,000,000 per member or dependent, provide coverage only for emergency medical expenses when traveling outside of BC.)
- Stability Clause for Emergency Travel Assistance