Please contact us with your questions or comments.
Professional & Continuing Studies Courses for Employees
As part of Royal Roads University’s commitment to lifelong learning, Human Resources and Professional and Continuing Studies (PCS) have worked in partnership to source fully-funded programs that align with our chosen values-based competencies:
- Business Awareness
- Coaching and Feedback
- Developing Self and Others
- Flexibility / Facilitating Change
- Future Thinking / Innovation (Problem Solving & Creativity)
- Honesty, Respect, Openness
- Relationship Management
- Results Focus
- Social Economic and Environmental Responsibility
- Student/Client Focus
We are excited to announce that all Exempt and CUPE employees will receive funding for up to two PCS courses each fiscal year! This shift will allow managers and their employees to maximize the full year of PCS programming when exploring skill development opportunities. We’re confident that you will find a wealth of applicable programs to choose from the attached list and as such, we look forward to receiving your applications soon!
- Course identified by either the employee or manager and linked to supporting the employee’s achievement of objectives identified in his/her e-PDP Work Plan.
- If in support, the manager will review and will elevate the request one level.
- Your departmental/divisional manager will provide final endorsement of the participation as the applicability of these skill development courses is best determined at the operational level.
- Once all signatures are obtained (attached e-mail approvals are acceptable) please submit this approved form to Human Resources (email@example.com)
- HR will confirm receipt of your request and provide you with a payment code to enter when self-registering for the Professional and Continuing Studies (PCS) course - Please Register Online
- PCS will confirm your registration and space availability once received.
If you have any questions regarding professional development opportunities, please contact Jody Blair