Please contact us with your questions or comments.
A Safe Welcome to Our Campus Checklist
Royal Roads University strives to provide a safe working environment for all staff. As a supervisor or hiring manager, you have a number of responsibilities under the Workers' Compensation Board regulations with respect to ensuring the health and safety of employees who report to you, including but not limited to:
- Providing safe working conditions and practices at the work site
- Complying with the University's safety policies and procedures and Workers' Compensation Act and Regulations
- Orienting staff to the safety and first aid requirements and facilities related to their job and work site
Please review the Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) Program materials to get a complete listing of your health and safety responsibilities as a supervisor or hiring manager.
The checklist is designed to assist you in providing a basic health and safety orientation for new employees joining the organization.
How to Use This Checklist
- Print off a copy of the checklist for use during the employee's orientation to the University. It is important to complete the health and safety portion of the orientation as soon as possible upon the new employee's start date, as a health and safety emergency could arise at any time and it is essential that the new employee knows that to do.
- Review the information contained within the checklist with the employee ensuring that you provide the basic information described herein, and answer any additional questions that the employee may have with respect to health and safety matters.
- If there are health and safety questions that you are unable to answer, please contact Karie Langejan in Human Resources.